Take a look at this awesome graphic by The Metal Roofing Alliance to get a better idea of how different types of roofing materials affect the earth and environment:
A few things to know about eco-friendly metal roofs:
- Modern metal roofs have rust-proof coatings and are available in a wide range of styles to fit any neighborhood. Many resemble traditional roofing materials such as tile or shake with the added benefit of sustainability.
- Steel products can be recycled repeatedly without loss of strength. When you buy steel, you’re always buying recycled.
- For homeowners looking to be aggressive with green living initiatives, metal roofs serve as an excellent platform for photovoltaic systems, solar panels, or harvesting rainwater for reuse/irrigation.
- A metal roof has the ability to reduce both cooling and heating energy use, saving homeowners up to 25% in utility bills.
- Metal roofs are significantly lighter than other roofing products. A metal roof can often be installed directly over asphalt shingles, reducing landfill waste.
To learn more about quality metal roofing, visit the nonprofit Metal Roofing Alliance at www.MetalRoofing.com.